Every single of the 20 rotary knobs are potentiometers, not encoders. This provides a very cool analog/old fashion/vintage feel. If 20 potentiometers are not enough for you, dont worry: every potentiometer is “momentary push” type, meaning that they can handle up to 2 parameters each. A very useful thing when assigning related parameters to the same knob, like Q and SHAPE, for example.
“Analog feel for a smooth plugin control”
“Just keep it simple…”
Hickory has two operation modes. In MODE 1 you can assign the MODE switch to the “Channel Mode” control in the plugin window, allowing you to choose in which channel (L/ST/R or M/ST/S) you want to apply the EQ. This mode is great for mixing and can be used together with our downloadable preset.
If you need a more complex EQ scheme then MODE 2 is for you. Very useful for mastering, in this mode each one of the seven predefined bands acts like three independent bands. This allows you to use a different EQ schemes for Middle, Side or Stereo channels per band. Download our MODE 2 preset and check its power!
“… or don’t”
Features in deep:
- Supports MIDI Control Change and MIDI NRPN messages.
- Supports OSC protocol.
- All knobs are “momentary push” type potentiometers.
- 1 high pass filter band with frequency and Q control.
- 5 parametric bands with frequency, gain, and Q control.
- 1 low pass filter band with frequency and Q control.
- Each band has a MUTE switch and bi-color state LED.
- Each band has a three position switch (MODE) for choosing between Middle, Stereo or Side channels.
- General bypass switch and ON/OFF switch with LED.