As musicians and tech nerds, we've always had the feeling that musician needs and musical industry solutions often go over different paths. This together with our obsession for the DIY world has made us try to make our own gear and gadgets to use both on stage or studio.
As time went by we realized that other musicians/engineers/producers were also interested in this kind of devices, and over the years the idea of growing from scratch some kind of “project” that could offer all the things we missed was rounding our head.
We just needed a little push, which our friend Nano Cañamares, mastering engineer from dBeauty Salon, was more than happy to provide. He proposed us to create a couple of ad hoc MIDI controllers for two plugins he uses the most: Pro C and Pro Q form FabFilter.
So we took the call. And what started like a little request for a friend's studio ended with the first couple of gadgets from OhMyBytes: Hickory and Dickory.
Where will this take us no one can tell, but so it begins. Let's have fun!
OhMyBytes is a two guy proyect, but we could not bring it to life without the help of a big bunch of very talented people. A BIG BIG hug to:
- Nano Cañamares, for bringing in the challenge. And for the logo and panel design too! XD
- Diego de Leon (and all Befaco team actually) for the technical support.
- Abel Guzmán for his help with the laser cut machine.
- Ezequiel Hurtado for injecting some live to out logo.
- Elías Koury for the photo shoot.
- Jorge Gonzalez for the photos and the video filming/editing.
- Jorge Moreno for the desktop stand design and manufacturing.
- Alvaro Menéndez for his wishe advices!
OhMy!Bytes are Alvaro Rubalcaba and David Furones